Famicom Main Board
It is a pre-order product. The estimated shipping date is targeted be started at the End of Oct 2023.
- It is an improved redesign of Famicom mainboard, with all the new parts/components and better circuit routing.
- But, you still have to source some parts: “CPU, PPU, reset switch and 1P/2P gamepad ports“. Please check the notes in the rest of the description on this page.
- This mainboard from RGR is 100% compatible with the OG shell and also the transparent clear shell made by RGR.
- All in-stock items will be dispatched within 3 to 5 days via standardized airmail. However, please allow the out-of-stock items 14 days of preparation from the date of purchase until the order being dispatched. This is to ensure proper assembly and testing of the cartridges for quality control purposes.
- This product is not designed, manufactured, sponsored, endorsed, or licensed by Nintendo® of America Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
- Famicom HVC-CPU-07 mainboard repro.
- impreoved routing circuit and enhanced designe.
- 100% compatible with the OG features.
- ENIG circuit board, with all brand new components. including
- cartridge slot with gold-plated pins
- higher precision resistors/capictors
- new DB15 gamepad plug
- all brand new IC/Chip
- For anyone interested in this adaptor, please make sure you have the ability and suitable equipment to solder parts of the product to the right position.
- You have to source the CPU and PPU chips on your own. We will pack the IC sockets with the mainboard but they will not be soldered on the PCBA.
- You have to source the OG reset switch on your own or just use Cherry MX switch instead. The 3D print small part for Cherry MX switch would be included in the parcel. ( Check the post for more information: https://twitter.com/RgRDev/status/1621048799279079432 and https://twitter.com/RgRDev/status/1617572119180873728, or you can print your own using the STL file we uploaded: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6207935 ). Unfortunately there is no way for us to source any brand new reset switch which is the same as the OG one in the market.
- You have to source the 1P 2P gamepad port plug on your own, or you can simply solder the wires of gamepad to the mainbaord directly. (Unfortunately, there is no way for us to source any brand new port plug that is the same as the OG one in the market.)
- This product is with 1-year warranty. Misuses of any kind such as careless soldering and modifying or firmware update failure are not covered by warranty. Retro Game Restore will provide tech support for the products which are still warranty effective free of charge. The users should only bear the shipping costs. For the products which are no longer warranty effective, please kindly contact us via Facebook message or Twitter for details of tech support and fees.
Here is the tutorial on how to disassemble the Famicom mainboard:
Famicom Power Adapter Board
A must-have optional part from us is the Famicom Power Adapter Board, ( for full description, please check this page: https://retrogamerestore.com/store/famipoweradapter/ )
Famicom Compoisite Adapter
It is to get the best quality of composite video from your Famicom console as the curcit path is super short and it would get rid of most noises from mainboard itself. You can place this adapter under the PPU of Famicom, just remove the 2SA-937 from OG Famicom Board, and solder three pins (Video, VCC, GND) and one wire from video output point. That’s all. ( https://retrogamerestore.com/store/famicompositedapter/ )
Famicom Shells (Top Shell Only)
Detailed information: https://retrogamerestore.com/store/famicom/
Optional USB PD Type-C Power Plug daughter board for RGR Power adapter
An optional USB PD (USB Power Delievry) daughter board allow you using USB PD power adapter to power on your Famicom console. You can purchase it as an optional product right on this current product page. (https://retrogamerestore.com/store/famipoweradapterusbpd/ )
PS. Please make sure your USB charger is USB PD compatible. You need to make sure your USB charger can output 9V voltage, otherwise, there won’t be enough voltage and current to power up your Famicom.
RGR Famicom Advanced Eject Lever mechanism
Detailed information: https://retrogamerestore.com/store/fcadvlever/
Please be reminded the included postage here is only for standardized airmail parcel. Should you choose other logistic services, such as EMS, to have your parcel dispatched, the additional costs will be borne by the customers.
Please also be kindly noted that due to the nature of air freight, parcels are measured by volumetric weight. It means the bigger/heavier the parcel is, the higher is the postage. In this case, should you choose to combine two items to be dispatched together, there will be extra costs for the postage. If you need more information, please send us DM. Thank you for the cooperation.